Monday, October 10, 2016

Everybody Starts Somewhere

           Well hello all. So I was told I needed to start blogging. After several seconds of blank stare my friends realized I was clueless. I should take a minute and explain why I am clueless. Well at least about blogging, if we covered everything I'm clueless about it would require a novel to rival War and Peace.  I live on 53 acres of solitude, I have no tv, I have no internet, and no smart phone (owning a piece of technology that is smarter then me makes me leery). I don't Facebook or Twitter. I am blissfully ignorant of the world around me and hope I remain so for the rest of my days. I've only recently started using Google to look stuff up. That only took seven months of people telling me, ‘you can Google that ya know’. Let's just say when it comes to technology I'm a bit of a slow study.
            I'm also a conspiracy theorists, I am positive that one day this blog will be used against me and I will end up in a secret government facility where water boarding is how you get a shower and I will be forced to eat very spicy foods or starve to death.
So this is my very first attempt at social media but I'm not sure if this is what my friends had in mind. They said it could be about anything. You would think by now they would've realized wording is key.
            I mean should I talk about the Woolly mammoth park being built in Siberia? How about the possibility of Atlantis being found in the Amazon? What about time travel? Are you for it or against? How about chocolate verses fruit desserts? deserts? I can never keep those two straight. Let's find out where everyone stands on the chocolate/fruit dessert issue. This is an unconventional election year so let's see a show of taste buds and let us know where you stand on this important topic. Just like the government all votes will be confidential and tallied by an independent accounting firm, results will be available next week unless you all vote for the wrong candidate and I have to veto the results.
            Well there you have it folks, my very first attempt at reaching out to the masses on the World Wide Web. That is what that www thing means, right? Either way hit me back when you can and remember whichever you vote for, I retain the right to ask you to defend that position, possibly to the death. We take dessert very seriously around here. Until next time.
                                                                                                Michelle

5 comments:

  1. Dark chocolate, no question. However I would maintain that chocolate is a vegetable, therefore not a dessert. Ice cream (chocolate) is the only acceptable dessert. Of course, a little slice of cake makes a nice garnish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with your premise that chocolate is a vegetable. Therefore my contention that chocolate cake is a perfectly healthy breakfast makes even more sense. You have chocolate for the fruits and vegetable part, flour for the grains, eggs provide protein, and milk is dairy. A balance meal. :)

      Delete
  2. Definitely for time travel. We have to promote those Diana Gabaldon novels on the shelves!

    Milk chocolate gets my vote.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am with Pen...only dark chocolate. Although, strawberries dipped in said chocolate would definitely be better. Of course and argument could be made for chocolate covered bananas, another favorite of mine. And let's not forget chocolate covered pineapple. I mean come on - how could chocolate covered fruit of any kind not be delicious?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been trying to figure out how to blog for this site. I too am a newly anointed to the art so please be patient. By the way, I like chocolate--all kinds. I love fruit--all kinds. Sometimes I will be seen eating them together so I vote for both. As for the time travel question, I get car sick so I think anything that involves movement needs to include barf bags.

    ReplyDelete