Friday, February 10, 2017

Strings Attached




Hello there everyone,

Here we are in the new year and good things are happening. First off, I really need to give a shout out to all the awesome people who came to our very first book reading. Thank you each and every one it meant more to me than you know. Pete, you did a wonderful job of making me sound interesting. I need to give a double shout to the decorating committee, you went above and beyond and gave me a really cool idea for my bedroom. Lol And another really huge thank you to those who have bought our book. (If you haven't yet, you can find the link on our website below)

                Lately I have been having some trouble coming up with things to talk about. For those of you who know me, I can see your look of skepticism. But it’s true, I confess it willingly. After much rumination on the subject it finally occurred to me that I have lots to talk about if I let you look behind the curtain so to speak. Not of me of course, ‘cause I’m as normal as the rest of you. But to let you see into the mind of Micky. See, we chat from time to time and she thinks about some pretty deep things. Let me tell you the latest.

                So, the other night a subject I… I mean she has pondered over the years came into focus a bit.  Years ago, Micky read a book on dreams and this theory that the people you dream about are dreaming about you at the same time. Interesting hypothesis. But, after asking many people who she had dreamed about the night before if they had dreamed about her and finding, disappointingly, that they hadn’t, it was discarded as false. She maintains that position to this day, but still finds the whole “dream connection” an interesting theory.

                Now she has a new theory. Have you ever had a dream about a person you’ve never met, or a place that you have never been to but you know it? Like the house looks different, but you know it’s your house kinda thing. Or, the person in the dream doesn’t look like your best friend, but, in the dream you know that it is. You still with me? So, the other night Micky was lying in bed looking at her shelf of favorite books, which includes a second edition Riverside Complete Works of Shakespeare (she told me to mention that) and right beside it sits her biography of Einstein, when it hit her. What if we apply String Theory to our dreams? Now I’m no expert on that and neither is Micky, but let’s say, hypothetically of course, that since String Theory allows for multiple dimensions of reality existing at the same time, what if, when we dream, we are able to cross those dimensions subconsciously?

                This would allow for simultaneous dreaming, but more interestingly it would explain how we know people and places in our dreams that we have never seen before. I know, right? Blows the mind.  Then, if you take it a step further, what if those other dimensions can subconsciously affect your mood? Like when you wake up in a bad mood for no good reason it could be because in an alternate universe someone hit your car while you were in Walmart and your insurance won’t cover it. This could be a major break though in… well in some field, I’m just not sure which one. And neither is Micky.

                But there you have it folks, that’s a glimpse behind the curtain of Micky’s mind. I’m not saying she’s right, but it sure gives ya something to think about if you’re so inclined. Click on follow on our website www.welcometoboonville.com and you can find out more interesting things from the mind of Micky. As always, we would love to hear your theories as well.  Ta Ta for now.

2 comments: